Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Fashionista from Indonesia :: Julian Tanoto

Julian is the contest winner and one of our trendsetters at Mode Republic! Let’s learn more about her.

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I'm 19 years old university student from Indonesia, majoring marketing. For my daily days, I manage an online boutique in my daily life, designing clothes and selling it in my online boutique.
I just also started my fashion blog, Journal J and currently into my new hobby, photography.

photo

How did you become interested in fashion?
I am an art lover, I love everything that looks aesthetically, and so do I become someone interested in fashion, as fashion is also an art. Besides, I think to have interest in fashion and have myself dressing up is a way to appreciate myself, to keep myself looks great. And I think fashion is women's best friends, it helps us to keep up girls' look. (Anyway I do believe inner beauty is the most important, but it doesn't mean you have to forget to second one which is your looks too:) )

photo

What inspired you to start your own blog?
I always like to mix & match things in my closets. I used to spend my spare times taking out some clothes from my closet and just mix & matched them and changed into another pieces, even though I'm not going anywhere that day. Then one day my friend show me a fashion blog, then that day it comes to my mind to make mine too, I love fashion and I always like to style myself, but I never really think about showing it somewhere. So after I know that things such as fashion blog exist, I decided to start mine.

photo

What are your dreams and aspirations?
I wanted to become a designer since I was in high school. Although I didn't get my parent's permission to attend art school, but it doesn't change my mind. Being a fashion designer is my dream.

photo

How would you describe your style? What’s your favorite look at this moment?
Well, here comes the hard question. If you ask this, I can't really answer what's my style. May I say I'm a style adventurer? I don't have any specific style for myself currently, I like to try wearing any style, one day I may look girly, but then the next day you may find me look boyish or anything. For me trying every style and change everyday is fun! But maybe I might find my one specific style one day, but for now, I don't really have one, I wear everything I like to wear that day.

photo

Where do you get your fashion inspirations?
From my head!:) It just comes out through my mind when I look into the pieces in my closets or in the shops that I'd like to wear them with what pieces. But I also get it from streets, blogs and magazines.

photo

Where do you shop? What are your favorite brands?
Currently don't have one, I like to shop anywhere I can find great clothes. But I mostly wear clothes from my own online boutique, and from my self design clothes:)

photo

Congratulations again to Julian for becoming the contest winner and Mode Republic trendsetter! Stay tuned for more fashion inspirations from Julian Tanoto!

2 comments:

  1. I like how you feature other bloggers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's so cute ^^ Mind to follow each other? :)

    Cheers,
    Karina Dinda R. ♥
    BLOG | TWITTER | SHOP

    ReplyDelete