Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Fashionista from London :: Make Shift Model

Make Shift Model is one of our contest winners at Mode Republic! Let’s learn more about her.

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
My name is Zoey, I am a British born girl from London. At the moment I am the CEO and Designer of my clothing line "Disco Pony" which is based in Hong Kong. I studied Fine Art, History of Art and Philosophy at Goldsmiths University in London.

photo

How did you become interested in fashion and what inspired you to start your own blog?
After a few years of working in finance, I moved to the shabby chic end of London town... aka Brick Lane. If you have never been here, please do go! And on a Sunday... your eyes will truly be opened by the incredible creativeness of the London fashion scene!

photo

Before I moved to Barcelona with my fiance, I was doing my degree in Fine Art and Philosophy at Goldsmiths in London. That was my introduction to hard-core-hipster-cool in terms of fashion! I've never felt so completely unfashionable than when I started university here! It took me a while experimenting with all the new things I was seeing to find my style, and it wasn't until I got out to Barcelona that I really found it and thought to put it all into a blog.

photo

What are your dreams and aspirations?
As any mother would her baby, I want to see Disco Pony grow up to be strong and successful. I feel like I have finally found my place in the world, after a lot of searching over the years, so to see Disco Pony flourish would be an incredible achievement. Aside from that, I will always be singing. I was training to sing Opera with an incredible woman before I left Barcelona… So now I am on the hunt for her Hong Kong equal! Disco Pony is still a baby however, so I'm quite exhausted from all his newborn demands!

photo

How would you describe your style?
I have a very nonchalant attitude toward style these days... I went through a phase of militancy about getting dressed... but I travel too much and am too tired from running all over the world trying to find myself in it to be dedicated to stylish perfection! So long as things are kept creative, style will always be important to me... but there are other things out there that make me happier! Like my fiance, my dog, and singing!

photo

What’s your favorite look at this moment?
Hmmm, interesting question... I do totally love the mixed metals and shiny embossed curtain-esque fabrics about at the moment. I have designed a few special pieces for Disco Pony as a nod to this wonderfully fun, but sleek trend! I’m working on perfecting the shorts for the jacket... as this is a stunning look, for autumn especially paired with black tights and some killer heels!

photo

Where do you get your fashion inspirations?
Bill Cunningham! Talk about inspiring! His work is completely fabulous! Also the ladies from Advanced style... they blow my mind with their creativity!

photo

Where do you shop? What are your favorite brands?
I thrift most of the time... But I do love mooching about in H&M, Zara for nifty pieces. My favorite brands are undoubtedly Sonia Rykiel and, errmmm, Disco Pony!!!!

photo

Congratulations again to Make Shift Model for becoming the contest winner and Mode Republic trendsetter! Stay tuned for more fashion inspirations from Make Shift Model!

No comments:

Post a Comment