Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Aetherlily :: Melanie

Aetherlily is one of our trendsetters at Mode Republic! Let’s learn more about her.

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
Hello! =) My name is Melanie and I recently just turned 20 years old. I reside in New Jersey and have lived here all my life. I am a college student going into her 3rd year and love sweets, chocolate, the beach, shopping, dancing, and blogging.

photo

How did you become interested in fashion?
I become interested in fashion from the very beginning. My mom always used to pick my clothes when I was little and I always received compliments from people, but then I wanted to start putting my own looks together. And so every night, I would choose out pieces to put together to wear to school the following day. I would spend hours putting together a look, which is why I could not pick out clothes in the morning otherwise I would be late to school!

photo

What inspired you to start your own blog?
I discovered sites like ModeRepublic and found out that the people who use the websites also had their own fashion and personal style blogs. They all had such beautiful blogs that it made me want to start my own. I want to be able to inspire others with my style, thus I created Aetherlily

photo

What are your dreams and aspirations?
My dream is to become an Audiologist! It is basically a hearing doctor. I love helping people out and it is a different field that not many people know about but I really want to do it! I'm hoping I will get into the grad school I want. Other than that, I would love to be part of a fashion industry because I love styling but that is a crazy dream of mine.

photo

How would you describe your style? What’s your favorite look at this moment?
I would describe my look as usually, chic and feminine. Other times I would go for vintage, bohemian, or eclectic! Below is my favorite look of the moment.

photo

Where do you get your fashion inspirations?
My fashion inspiration come from the amazing personal style bloggers all over the world. It is so awesome being able to see the unique and creative style of others and also get to know what current trends are popular in their country. I think personal style bloggers deserve so much more credit for the effort they put into their looks!

photo

Where do you shop? What are your favorite brands?

I usually shop in mainstream stores like Forever 21, H&M, Urban Outfitters, Zara and also the outlets as they are the type of stores I can afford but I try my best to create looks that are style unique! Some online stores I shop at are ASOS, Shopbop, and Solestruck. My favorite brands are Jeffrey Campbell, Anthropologie, Free People, Madewell, Topshop, Dolce Vita, and Marc by Marc Jacobs.

photo

Congratulations again to Aetherlily for becoming the Mode Republic trendsetter! the contest. Stay tuned for more fashion inspirations from Aetherlily!

No comments:

Post a Comment