Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Fashionista from Vancouver :: A Fashion Love Affair

A Fashion Love Affair is one of our contest winners at Mode Republic! Let’s learn more about her.

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I am a fashion blogger from Vancouver Canada, and I work full-time for a marketing company.

photo

How did you become interested in fashion?
I have always been interested in fashion, but over the past few years it has really taken a turn as I became more comfortable and confident in my own body. I started really enjoying fashion when I found fashion blogs like Chic Heroin, Sincerly Jules and Fashiontoast, and now I love having fun with fashion and creating and sharing my outfits through my blog.

photo

What inspired you to start your own blog?
I began my own blog after being a long-time follower of Chic Heroin and Cupcakes and Cashmere...I loved putting together outfits and starting my blog allowed me the ability to share my passion with others, and has inspired me to push my own fashion limits and live on the edge, which has been a blast!

photo

What are your dreams and aspirations?
So much has come from my blog in the short 6 months since I started it...I have met so many fabulous people, both online and in person, and I have already been able to work with great companies inlcuding Lulu*s.com and Threadcase, I hope to continue on this path-it has been such an amazing experience so far!

photo

How would you describe your style?
My style changes daily...so it is hard to describe! I definitely like to dress depending on what I am feeling that day, and the most important thing is that my outfit is comfortable...I hate having to constantly be pulling down my skirt or adjusting my top! If you check out my blog you will find that I can wear anything from a vintage gown to cut-offs and a t-shirt to a feminine skirt and heels...with me, anything goes!

photo

What’s your favorite look at this moment?
My favorite look at the moment is maxi's! During the summer a maxi is a perfect choice because they can easily go from beach to dinner with the addition of a few accessories or a pair of heels. For colors I am drawn to peaches, blushes and creams this summer.

photo

Where do you get your fashion inspirations?
I find fashion inspirations everywhere...my favorite thing to do is sit downtown and people watch-the most interesting outfits are often on the streets! I also get inspiration from my fellow fashion bloggers, some of my favorites being Chicmuse, 5 Inches and Up, Late Afternoon, Sincerely Jules, Song of Style, Atlantic-Pacific, Purse and Boots and Chic Heroin.

photo

Where do you shop? What are your favorite brands?
I shop both in shops and online...some of my favorites are Zara, Lulus.com, H&M, Shopbop and SoleStruck. Some favorite brands at the moment are Winter Kate, Elizabeth and James, Ash and Jeffrey Campbell.

photo

Congratulations again to A Fashion Love Affair for winning the Mode Republic contest! Stay tuned for more fashion inspirations from A Fashion Love Affair!

No comments:

Post a Comment