Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Fashionista from Manila :: It’s Nikki

Nikki is one of our trendsetters at Mode Republic! Let’s learn more about her.

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I'm Nikki, a 22 year old fashion blogger from Manila, Philippines and the one who runs behind: http://itsnikki-goes-trendy-chic.blogspot.com/. I was born and raised in Puerto Princesa City Palawan, Philippines and then transferred here in the city about 4 years ago. Aside from being a responsible fashion blogger I am also currently finishing my degree on Bachelor of Science in Nursing and I am on my 4th and last year as a college student. As of now I am currently unemployed, well since school has been taking most of my time and energy; but I am currently planning to start my own online store.

photo

How did you become interested in fashion?
Ever since, I like to play dress up before actually going to bed (pathetic I know! lol). If I am not yet sleepy, I would take my clothes out of my closet, whether it is old or new and I would try to mix and match them in front of my mirror. I don't wear most of my clothes out in public coz I’m not yet that confident before that's why I tried on experimenting on wearing them indoors. Just trying to picture out how it looks on me.

photo

What inspired you to start your own blog?
It started actually for my love for photography. I like to wear my clothes and do a "mini photo shoot" every weekends or whenever my time permits. Then this love evolved into something more than just photography, that's where fashion took its place. I thought on posting them online and see how it ends up. Then voila! My online fashion playground started.

photo

What are your dreams and aspirations?
My dream is to inspire young and upcoming fashionistas around the world. What a dream right? But it's true. Inspiring other people is the most rewarding thing a person can do. You become a role model for others. Whether it is in the name of fashion, humanitarian cause, and other categories. I also dream of becoming a professional makeup artists and stylist someday. Now I don't know how am I ever going to achieve all of these before I turn 30. lol!

photo

How would you describe your style? What’s your favorite look at this moment?
I admit that I am suffering from a fashion identity crisis at the moment. I cannot say what kind of look I specifically wear or prefer. For me, as long as I am comfortable then that would be it.

photo

Where do you get your fashion inspirations?
I usually get my inspirations from fashion magazine spreads or style icons that I look up to whether it is a co-fashion blogger online or a fashion icon.

photo

Where do you shop? What are your favorite brands?
I shop everywhere and anywhere. As long as it is sold for a good price. Usually, I go to thrift stores or department stores for easy access on clothes or if i have a limited and tight budget. Forever21, H&M, ZARA and Topshop are also a favorite of mine.

photo

Congratulations again to Nikki for becoming the Mode Republic trendsetter! the contest. Stay tuned for more fashion inspirations from Nikki!

1 comment: