Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Haute and Fierce :: Fashionista from Cyprus

Haute and Fierce is one of our trendsetters! Let’s learn more about her.

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I am originally from Limassol, a very small town in Cyprus. People over there speak Greek, drink a lot of coffee and are extremely friendly. I came to the UK 5 years ago to study Psychology. After I got my degree I went on and worked for a luxurious handbag designer for a short space of time and after that I landed an internship for an online blog as a fashion writer.

photo

How did you become interested in fashion?
I have been interested in fashion ever since I can remember. When I was young, I used to love watching my mum getting dressed to go on dinner dates with my dad and I also loved flicking through her fashion magazines. I guess fashion is something you are either into or not. It's not something that can grow on you.

photo

What inspired you to start your own blog?
I was desperate to talk about the things I love and find inspiring such as fashion, trends and style so I thought what better way to do that than an online blog? I didn't really give it much thought - a year ago, on a random spring day I created Haute and Fierce and since then I've been having the best fun uploading bits and bops on it!

photo

What are your dreams and aspirations?
I would love to have a successful career in the fashion industry as a trend researcher, a stylist, a fashion journalist or a fashion editor. A girl can only dream, right?

photo

How would you describe your style? What’s your favorite look at this moment?
I would describe my style as very comfortable. I am into anything minimalistic (not a big fan of bold, flashy pieces) so I usually go for a nice pair of jeans, a logo or a plain top and a leather jacket or a boyfriend blazer on top of that. Add a hip pair of heels and some statement jewelry and voila you have my favorite look of all time.

photo

Where do you get your fashion inspirations?
Inspiration is everywhere. On the street, on the TV, in music, in fashion magazines, in nature. I can be inspired by anything and everything. I especially love watching people walk down the streets of London while I'm having coffee at my favorite coffee shop spots. Londoners have the best and unexpected sense of style.

photo

Where do you shop? What are your favorite brands?
I am a big fan of the British high-street, I absolutely love Topshop, Urban Outfitters, ASOS and H&M.

photo

Congratulations again to Haute and Fierce for becoming the Trendsetter at Mode Republic. Stay tuned for more fashion inspirations from Haute and Fierce!

No comments:

Post a Comment