Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Someone Like You :: Lauren Pfieffer

Lauren is one of our trendsetters! Let’s learn more about her.

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
My name is Lauren Pfieffer and I'm seventeen years old. I live in a place so small in Ohio that's actually considered a village! I'm a junior and still attending high school (unfortunately), and am currently looking into some different universities to attend in the next few years. It would be a total dream though to go into something fashion related!

photo

How did you become interested in fashion?
As a young girl, I was very self-concious and over-weight. Not to mention I had hardly ever worn a dress. I envied the beautiful, fashionable girls with so much fervor and longed to be one of them. However, I was too shy and self-conscious of what everyone might think of me if I were to change myself. Finally after years of longing, the summer going into 8th grade I took a huge leap and changed myself. I started wearing dresses and wearing what I had always wanted to, but never had the courage. Ever since I haven't looked back or regretted becoming myself.

photo

What inspired you to start your own blog?
At first I randomly stumbled upon a few vintage fashion blogs two years ago and was so fascinated... It was like a whole different world was opened up to me. The girls were so very inspiring and became huge role models for me! After a while of just following some blogs, I decided to create my own to document my ever changing style and of-course the evolution of myself as a person. Creating a blog has been one of the best decisions of my life!

photo

What are your dreams and aspirations?
My dream is to be the girl I've always wanted to be someday. To be totally confident and love myself because honestly I don't think I'm quite there yet. I'm still on the journey of developing myself and my personal style and I hope one day I can be completely satisfied with it. I also hope that one day I will be satisfied with my life and where I am. Whether it's with fashion or some other career, I just want to be happy.

photo

How would you describe your style? What’s your favorite look at this moment?
My style is a mixture of a few things. I would say it's mostly vintage/retro inspired, romantic, and without a doubt girly! Usually one of those adjectives can describe an outfit I'm wearing perfectly. Oh, and my favorite look right now? Peter pan collar dresses. I just love them to death, hehe! Peter pan collar dresses are the perfect mixture of whimsy and old-fashioned style and I just love to pair them with girly accessories such as key necklaces, lace socks, and bows.

photo

Where do you get your fashion inspirations?
I think the blogging community is just so very inspiring... Through viewing all of the different blogs I follow it has helped me develop my individual style more because in my small town there isn't much going on style wise. Also, taking tips from ladies of the past is where I get a lot of my inspiration. Audrey Hepburn is timeless.

photo

Where do you shop? What are your favorite brands?
Because I have hardly any money, I buy about 75% of my clothing at thrift stores, garage sales, estate sales, and church rummage sales. It's a great way to get beautiful, unique, vintage clothing for next to nothing. If I ever have a little money in my pocket, I like to also buy at Forever21. My dream store (which I sadly cannot afford) is Modcloth. Their clothing is impeccable...

photo

Congratulations again to Lauren for becoming the Trendsetter at Mode Republic. Stay tuned for more fashion inspirations from Lauren!

No comments:

Post a Comment