Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Fashionista from Poland :: Fille aux Cheveux de Lin

Fille aux Cheveux de Lin is one of our winners of the Mode Republic Contest! Let’s learn more about her.

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
Originally I’m from Poland, but now I live in Strasbourg, France. I study business and economics, which is actually more interesting than it sounds. I’m a blogger and I write about fashion for an online magazine called inspirer.nu

photo

How did you become interested in fashion?
It may sound like cliché, but I’ve always been very fond of fashion, ever since I was a little girl. For me fashion is truly one of the most powerful forms of art, as it makes us put on the outside what’s hidden inside. Putting together an everyday outfit can become a creative process, depending on what statement we wish to make.

photo

What inspired you to start your own blog?
I had been thinking about it for some time, when my sister gave me a push and encouraged me to do this. I like the idea of blogging as a way to exchange inspirations. My blog www.filleauxcheveuxdelin.blogspot.com is a playground for my creativity, a place where I can share the ideas bubbling up in my head.

photo

What are your dreams and aspirations?
I’d love to encourage people to worship their individuality with clothes. I’d like to get more and more involved in a world of fashion, hopefully one day living from my passion.

photo

How would you describe your style? What’s your favorite look at this moment?
It’s always hard for me to find one word to describe my style, especially because it evolves incessantly. It’s usually very girly, but I like to add some edge to that. At the moment I’m strongly influenced by the 70’ with its colors and dreamy whimsical attitude.

photo

Where do you get your fashion inspirations?
Fashion magazines and blogs are an obvious answer. But it can also be a random girl in the street, a unique place or an old photograph.

Where do you shop? What are your favorite brands?
I usually get my clothes in popular shops like zara, h&m or new look. I love online shops like forever21 or modcloth and my biggest infatuation at the moment is nasty gal. I’m still searching for some full-of-treasures vintage shops in my neighborhood.

photo

Congratulations again to Fille aux Cheveux for winning the contest. Stay tuned for more fashion inspirations from Fille aux Cheveux!

No comments:

Post a Comment