Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Fashionista from Chattanooga :: Gee

Gee is one of our winners of the Mode Republic Contest! Let’s learn more about her.

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I am just a 28 year old southern girl from Chattanooga, TN but went to college in Ohio and now live in West Virginia at the moment. I have a BA in Art with a concentration in painting. I work from home working with medical charts and paint on the side.

photo

How did you become interested in fashion?
Not sure. I think it just happened. I was always the one girl in school who dressed a little differently than others. :) Then as life went on I began to really start to love vintage clothing and that is when I discovered blogging in late 2009. It's been a wonderful love affair since then.

photo

What inspired you to start your own blog?
Well I didn't even know the blog world existed until late 2009 and then I started reading blogs from other girls and I was so inspired by their beauty and creativity I knew it was something I wanted to do. So the summer of 2010 I took the jump and started my own fashion blog.

photo

What are your dreams and aspirations?
I really hope to travel around the world one day soon. I also would love to either sell or teach Art/painting. I would love to work with others and let them discover their artistic side.

photo

How would you describe your style? What’s your favorite look at this moment?
My style would be vintage with a dash of modern, a dabble of romance, and a smidge of old lady.
My favorite look at the moment would be clogs and everything floral.

photo

Where do you get your fashion inspirations?
A lot of inspiration is from other bloggers. There are way to many to name. No one is the same.

photo

Where do you shop? What are your favorite brands?
I shop a lot on etsy and at thrift/vintage stores.
I also really enjoy H&M, forever21, and urban outfitters every once in awhile.

photo

Congratulations again to Gee for winning the contest. Stay tuned for more fashion inspirations from Gee!

No comments:

Post a Comment