Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Suede Vintage :: Neisha Barker

Neisha is one of the winners of the Winter Wonder Contest! Let’s learn more about Neisha.

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I'm from just south of Sydney in Australia and have lived here most of my life. At the moment I am working on my vintage range for my online store, Suede Vintage but I also own a series of boutiques in my hometown called LILY+MINX which sells the latest fashions. I've studied fashion business at college and am now undertaking a diploma in business this year.

photo

How did you become interested in fashion?
I actually took a late interest in fashion, I always found it hard to find clothes I liked fashion as a younger teenager but eventually found a style that I liked as I approached adulthood and it has grown from there.

photo

What inspired you to start your own blog?
I wanted to have a creative place to connect with customers, and I wanted to show our latest vintage styles in photo shoots and ask questions to really get to know what people like and what they don't. Plus it's great fun expressing myself through fashion and I love the adventures I get to go on to capture a great photo.

photo

What are your dreams and aspirations?
I want to expand the range even further and travel far and wide to uncover the best vintage pieces out there.

photo

How would you describe your style? What’s your favorite look at this moment?
I am very laid back, I am rocking the billowy pants look a lot usually teamed with my elastic sandals and a vintage top and I adore maxi dresses. I would love to keep incorporating more accessories into my look.

photo

Where do you get your fashion inspirations?
I get my fashion inspirations from blogs and a lot from the past. I like looking back on 70's looks and getting a lot of inspirations from it.

photo

Where do you shop? What are your favorite brands?
I do a LOT of vintage shopping, it's rather addictive. I also like to support small independent boutiques in my area. They have such unique pieces that you can't get anywhere else!

photo

Congratulations again to Neisha Barker for winning the contest. Stay tuned for more fashion inspirations from Suede Vintage!

No comments:

Post a Comment