Monday, January 10, 2011

Fashionista from the Netherlands :: Maffionista

Maffionista is the winner of the Winter Wonder Contest! Let’s learn more about Maffionista.

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I'm 25 years old and I'm a last year student and working on my thesis. I'm actually from Abchasia but I live in the Netherlands.

photo

How did you become interested in fashion?
I love fashion since I'm a child. I always used to wear my mothers clothes, when I became older I started following the shows/magazines and tried out a lot off styles.

photo

What inspired you to start your own blog?
I always loved looking at other people’s outfits on the street and got inspirations from them. I thought I could maybe be an inspiration for other people too! I also wanted to share my outfits, to use it like a portfolio on the web.

photo

What are your dreams and aspirations?
I hope my blog to be a success. I also hope to finish my school and find a job in the fashion world. And personally, I just hope to share good times with the people I love and to travel a lot.

photo

How would you describe your style? What’s your favorite look at this moment?
I think it's very hard to describe my style. I always mix a lot of things and don't have one particular style. I love to watch fashion shows and translate the things that I see and like with a twist of my own. My favorite look at this moment is mixing knitwear. So mixing knits with leather items and a headband or beanie for an edgy look.

photo

Where do you get your fashion inspirations?
Like Coco Chanel said: "Fashion is not something that exists in dresses only. Fashion is in the sky, in the street, fashion has to do with ideas, the way we live, what is happening."

I really agree with this quote. Fashion is just everywhere.

photo

Where do you shop? What are your favorite brands?
I have a lot of shops that I love: River Island, H&M, Zara, Topshop, Acne, Mango, ASOS. My favorite brands change a lot but for this season I really love Celine, Dries van Noten, Proenza Schouler, Erdem and Burberry.

photo

Congratulations again to Maffionista for winning the contest. Stay tuned for more fashion inspirations from Maffionista!

No comments:

Post a Comment