Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Lightning Factory :: Zoe Hermsen

Zoe is one of our winners of the Winter Wonder Contest! Let’s learn more about Zoe.

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I'm Zoé a 18 year old girl from the Netherlands! Last year I did an art school (fashion related) but for the moment I just blog (www.lightningfactory.blogspot.com) and do more things that I like, e.g., make my own clothes, make clothes with my sister for our fashion show, make short movies and more! Next year I'm going to school again (art school) in my hometown Hilversum. I hope to get in! This time it will not be a fashion related study but something that's called image and media technology (making short movies like music clips and commercials). Well that's me (in a nutshell).

photo

How did you become interested in fashion?
I have always been interested in fashion. I remember myself at a very young age drawing my own designs. I actually have a whole book with those designs! haha! Since my sister and I became 2nd at a big fashion talent contest things have been going well! We have fashion shows every now and then along with other cool things! We actually got invited to fashion week because of that and we judged another fashion contest. At the moment I'm preparing a fashion workshop that I'm going to give in 2011.

photo

What inspired you to start your own blog?
I wanted to have a place to show myself, my inspirations and the things I make at the moment that's primarily clothes but I hope to post some more 'self-made' things in the future and not only outfits!

photo

What are your dreams and aspirations?
I really want to find a way to combine my talents, I think I've got a good vision (not only fashion related) and I can make nice short movies and cool clothes! We will see!

photo

How would you describe your style? What’s your favorite look at this moment?
hmm I like all black outfits! But that's not something I’m always wearing simply because I haven't got enough black clothes. A little bit edgy, but always with a 'Zoé twist' that makes it simple. Black grey and white are the colors I'm wearing the most!

photo

Where do you get your fashion inspirations?
From other blogs! And people like Freja Beha Erichson, Bambi Northwood, the Olsentwins. I really love the style of the girls from the andtheblack.blogspot.com blog!

photo

Where do you shop? What are your favorite brands?
When I really want something and I can't find it (within my budget) I make it myself, for simple things I go to Zara or H&M and de rest will be online shopping, because you will get something not everybody has and it's fun to wait for your package!

photo

Congratulations again to Zoe for winning the contest. Stay tuned for more fashion inspirations from Zoe!

No comments:

Post a Comment