Wednesday, December 8, 2010

The Young Fashionista :: Andrea Van Barthold

The Young Fashionista :: Andrea Van Barthold

Andrea is one of our winners of the Fashionista II Contest! Let’s learn more about Andrea.

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
Well, I'm half blood mixed between Dutch and Japanese. Many people asked me about my looks, so I'm telling you this.

I'm 22 years old. I'm taking master of international business (MBA).

photo

I was accepted for scholarship of fashion design at Lasalle College Singapore and theatre at NAFA University earlier but I decided to give up on those things because my dad wouldn't accept if I go overseas and taking some art and design major. So I took journalism for bachelor degree and fast-tracked to master degree in international business major.

Now I'm working as a writer for The Jakarta Globe newspaper. I'm also working as a model for some magazines and beauty shot.

photo

How did you become interested in fashion?
I was a complete fashion disaster before. I wore just shirt and jeans like boys usually do. I don't even care of my looks. People often mistake me for a boy.

But I'd like to draw and create some unique wardrobes. But they ended on the papers only. In return I'm starting to draw some daily clothes and produce them.

The other reason, as a model, I often attracted by wardrobes from the sponsors I have to model. In fact, it makes me want to own them. Lol. And to looks fashionable is important in the industry :)

photo

What inspired you to start your own blog?
I don't really have a blog because I'm not that conscientious to make a blog, but I do have portfolios of my photo shoot and some of my articles :)

photo

What are your dreams and aspirations?
My dreams are to be a successful person in the fashion industry and become one of influential people just like Oprah Winfrey :) u can just imagine what would I generated from the industry. :)

My aspirations is just to look forward to the future and try to become more than the successful people nowadays. Maybe I'm too greedy, but I just want more hahahaha..

photo

How would you describe your style? What’s your favorite look at this moment?
My style is just like chameleon. I have many different styles. I couldn't take just one look, it's just too boring for me. My fav look at this moment would be the one that has lace materials in it :)

photo

photo

Where do you get your fashion inspirations?
I got my inspirations from movies!

There are many kind of movie genre. For instance: drama, action, romance, comedy, etc. In brief, my fashion knowledge is not limited only to a genre. And movies always come with something hot in their era/at the moment (currently in the trend).

All the magazines most likely just look the same for me. For example: you can really see that almost of all magazines come with the same type of wardrobe on the same month's issue. Not that I'm not read any of it, but my fashion inspirations are not come from them mostly :)

photo

Where do you shop? What are your favorite brands?
Most of my wardrobe is handmade. You don't have to buy branded stuff to look good. I designed them by myself and have someone to make my designs.

The most important thing is to be dressed by what described yourself, but still consider what people may think of your physical look (your fashion). Cover describes its content; so, your style describes you :)

Hahahahhaa maybe I should create my own brand then!

photo

Congratulations again to Andrea for winning the contest. Stay tuned for more fashion inspirations from Andrea!

No comments:

Post a Comment