Monday, November 29, 2010

Ezzentric Topz :: Twee Wu

Twee is a Mode Republic trendsetter and one of our winners of the Fashionista II Contest! Let’s learn more about Twee.

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I'm from Hong Kong, I was born and grew up there. HK is one of the most beautiful cities and it's undoubtedly, a shopping paradise!

I came to Melbourne, Australia by myself in 2005 for University and was graduated with Bachelor of Creative Arts last August. I'm currently located in Melbourne.

I actually regretted not to do fashion in uni so when I finished uni, I told myself that I have to do something fashion related in the future.

photo

In October 2009, My boyfriend Kz and I had this sudden thought of setting up our own business so we decided to give it a go. We started selling vintage clothes at our online store " Ezzentric Topz " alongside our part time jobs and about half a year later, we both decided to treat it seriously and take it full time.

Two months ago, we've also launched our very special own line - Ezzentric Topz Surprise - which specializes on stylish basic apparel such as tulle skirts and leggings.

photo

How did you become interested in fashion?
Fashion means a lot to my family and I guess this is how I become influenced. My mum and sister are always fashion forward! Few years ago my mum has already started to wear boyfriend jean with brouges and my sister can always foresee trends! We share our clothes and talked about fashion all the time. How can you not be interested in fashion when your mum and sister are already fashionistas?!

photo

What inspired you to start your own blog?
My blog was first started as a backstage of my store but it becomes more like my personal blog now. I usually blog about the latest updates of my store, trends i like, lookbooks from my favourite brands, and some snap shots of myself. I have also set up a blog store selling my own line "Ezzentric Topz Surprise", I reckon blog store is more convenient for bloggers to shop!

photo

What are your dreams and aspirations?
In December, my boyfriend and I will start sourcing stylish and fashionable clothes and accessories outside Australia. By adding more diversities and new ideas to Ezzentric Topz, I'm hoping it can evolve into a one-stop fashion kingdom in five years time, both online and on land.

photo

How would you describe your style? What’s your favorite look at this moment?
I think my style is quite simple, sometimes edgy (according to my readers =P) . I like minimalistic men's clothes so I always steal clothes from my boyfriend's wardrobe. I can never be too feminine and you will never seen me with ten rings in one hand, that is just not my cup of tea. My look varies depending on my mood and the weather but the common trait of most of my looks is "tomboy with a girly touch".

photo

Where do you get your fashion inspirations?
As I've mentioned, I get a lot of fashion inspiration from my mum and sister. Other than that, I get inspired by models like Agyness Deyn, Freja, and Alexa Chung. Fashion bloggers are very inspiring too! My favourite blogger at the moment is AnnaBu from Bu the right thing . She's just AMAZING!!

photo

Where do you shop? What are your favorite brands?
I shop EVERYWHERE!! My favorite shopping place is of course HONG KONG! You can literally find everything there !But when I'm in Melbourne, I tend shop from op shop and online. I'm loving Alexander Wang and American Apparel at the moment, their stuff are just simple and versatile!

photo

Congratulations again to Twee for winning the contest. Stay tuned for more fashion inspirations from Twee!

No comments:

Post a Comment