Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Upside of Wonder :: Amanda

Upside of Wonder is one of our contest winners! Let’s learn more about Upside of Wonder.

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I’m Amanda and I’m from Austin, TX! I’m currently a student studying biology and getting ready to transfer to a bigger university. I absolutely love the ocean and am seriously considering a career in marine biology or biological oceanography. I would love to live in a little beach bungalow one day!

photo

How did you become interested in fashion?
I’ve always had a love for cute clothes, but never really knew how to style up outfits or had the confidence to wear them! About a year and a half ago, I decided I needed to actually wear the clothes I bought!

photo

What inspired you to start your own blog?
I randomly stumbled upon a vintage blog a while ago and loved the idea of it. From there I found so many other blogs and decided I wanted to start one of my own. Plus, there is such a great community within the style blog world. I’ve made some amazing friends, which I never would have expected to happen!

photo

What are your dreams and aspirations?
I really just want to do something that makes me happy, whatever it is, big or small. Like I said, I would love to live in a beach bungalow and walk around barefoot all day while wearing pretty dresses and sipping on sweet tea.

photo

How would you describe your style? What’s your favorite look at this moment?
My style is pretty girly and very colorful. I love to wear flowy dresses and layer blouses under them. I’m definitely a Texas girl, I love going sleeveless and without tights! I really just love wearing anything that feels fun. I don’t think style is something that should be taken so seriously; it should be something that’s enjoyed!

photo

Where do you get your fashion inspirations?
Blogs! Is there really anything more inspiring in fashion than a normal girl on a budget who can put together a fabulous outfit?

photo

Where do you shop? What are your favorite brands?
For the most part, I think I stick with online shopping at places like Urban Outfitters, or any site with a good sale. I really hate dealing with crowds at the mall! I also tend to frequent my local Salvation Army…I find the best dresses there! I also love perusing through vintage dresses on Etsy. I swear, I spend way more time than I should adding things to my favorites!

photo

Congratulations again to Upside of Wonder for winning the contest at Mode Republic. Stay tuned for more fashion inspirations from Upside of Wonder!

No comments:

Post a Comment