Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Edgy and Bold :: Laura Tenshi

Laura Tenshi is one of our trendsetters! Let’s learn more about Laura.

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
My name is Laura, I am 22 years old and I live in Bucharest, Romania. I've graduated from college where I've studied Public Administration last summer and I am currently unemployed.

photo

How did you become interested in fashion?
I could tell you that I have always had a big interest in fashion and clothes, but I would be lying. The truth is that I started caring about my appearance in college where I didn't have to follow dress codes for the first time in 12 years.

I wore a school uniform from elementary school up until college, so, I couldn't experiment with my style.

photo

What inspired you to start your own blog?
I started my blog a couple of years ago in October 2008, but I found my blogger’s voice in March 2010, when I finally gathered the courage to show others my personal style and post outfits.

I said courage because I truly felt showcasing my personal style was an act of bravery back then. It was pretty intimidating to expose myself to the public like that, especially since I had little knowledge of fashion, but I wanted to show others that it's OK to be different and that if they have an unusual sense of style, they should embrace it rather than hide it and blend in.

photo

What are your dreams and aspirations?
I really want to work in the fashion industry as a stylist. I know I have a lot of catching up to do since fashion wasn't part of my life until recently, but I am willing to try my best to succeed.

photo

How would you describe your style? What’s your favorite look at this moment?
I have a deep affection for bright colors and I love mixing different patterns and prints. I would describe my style in two words: edgy and bold.

photo

Where do you get your fashion inspirations?
Japanese and Korean fashion magazines, street style sites. My main source of inspiration is Style Arena, a street style site based in Tokyo.

photo

Where do you shop? What are your favorite brands?
I shop in Bucharest and my favorite brands are Vero Moda, Mango, Zara, Topshop

photo

Congratulations again to Laura for becoming the Trendsetter at Mode Republic. Stay tuned for more fashion inspirations from Laura!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for all of your hard work, it looks great !

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the way you out olours together xx gOrgeOus

    vivI.Iviv
    www.lovexevol.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete