Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Fashionista from Minneapolis :: Ruby Girl

Ruby Girl is one of our contest winners at Mode Republic! Let’s learn more about her.

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I'm Lindsey and I run a fashion blog out of Minneapolis. A few things you really must know about me. I believe the show Funniest Home Videos to be hysterical. My hubby has a deviated septum and therefore can never tell if I have bad breath. I most often put my make-up on in the car. And on a more serious note, I studied Child Psychology in undergrad and Social Work in grad school. I'm currently a counselor for Children & Families, and I love my job!

photo

How did you become interested in fashion?
It all started with Audrey Hepburn. She's the one who first opened me up to my own feminine bent in fashion as a kiddo. In the last few years, my style has really started to become more cohesive. I've taken more risks and have gotten a good handle on my own taste.

photo

What inspired you to start your own blog?
Ruby Girl Blog is my much-needed fashion outlet. It was born out of a combination of the excess flexibility I had as a grad student and the long hours my CPA hubby worked last winter. It's turned into a beautiful way to meet interesting people all over the world who share an interest in fashion.

photo

What are your dreams and aspirations?
My faith is very important to me. My prayer for the blog and life in general is reflected in Psalm 4:6, "Let the light of your face shine on us". That through His gracious strength, I can reflect His heart. That as people get to know me, they start to forget about me and start to get curious about this God I adore.

photo

How would you describe your style? What’s your favorite look at this moment?
You could call my style modern romantic. I love urbanizing feminine silhouettes and materials. I've self-titled my aesthetic "ladylike glam", cause I can do that. Yo.

photo

Where do you get your fashion inspirations?
My inspiration comes from streetstyle, editorials, and my trendy readers!

photo

Where do you shop? What are your favorite brands?
All of my looks are thrown together on a surprisingly low budget. As a bargain-shopper, I shop at consignment boutiques, thrift stores, Forever 21, Marshall's/TJMaxx, H&M. I do value integrating higher quality cutting-edge fashion items, and I am more recently discovering online boutiques like Zara, Asos, Lace Affair, Hallelu, and oh heavens, so many more.

photo

Congratulations again to Lindsey for winning the Mode Republic contest! Stay tuned for more fashion inspirations from Lindsey – Ruby Girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment