Thursday, November 11, 2010

See You In Sweden :: Rebecca

Rebecca is a Mode Republic Trendsetter and a winner of our Fall Magic Contest! Let’s learn more about Rebecca.

Tell us a little bit about yourself.
I live in Philly now but have also lived in Boston, Wilmington, Delaware, Cleveland and Notre Dame, Indiana. But, I consider myself a proud Clevelander still! Having just finished my masters degree in Sports Information at the University of Pittsburgh, right now I'm sending out resumes and working as a research assistant at Widener Law University but I hope to be in Media Relations/Public Relations for the Sports Department at a university soon!

photo

How did you become interested in fashion?
I can't remember when I didn't love fashion. It probably started when my love of shoes was realized as a nine year old at the Shoe Museum in Toronto, Ontario. I think it's always been an expression and an outlet for me because I was so shy when I was much younger and my parents, thankfully, always let me dress exactly as I liked. I started really getting into fashion a few years ago when I discovered the site rdujour.com and then my love for fashion blogs and fashion snowballed. It's like art to me!

photo

What inspired you to start your own blog?
After reading so many blogs I felt a pent up energy that I wanted to express myself too and show my ideas. Fashion Photography is also one of my favorite forms of art. I started a blog during grad school but I was just too busy. After my graduation I saved up my money for two things: 1. A trip to Montreal, my favorite city in the world and 2. A DSLR (I had already taken a class about DSLR photography without a DSLR. The teacher was pretty confused about why I was there but worked with me when she realized I was just preparing!) After the DSLR I was really encouraged to start sharing my perspective on fashion and my love of fashion pictures!

photo

What are your dreams and aspirations?
My aspirations are actually in sports media relations. Fashion may seem like my first love, but my passion has always been in sports which my father instilled in me (My mini schnauzer is even named Rugby!) Fashion is my side outlet and my escape. I would also like to see my blog grow because I am so in love with the aspect of blogging where you can connect and make friends with people all over the world. The world seems smaller to me now in a good way; I feel like I have friends everywhere and I know so much more about other cultures through their blogs!

photo

How would you describe your style? What’s your favorite look at this moment?
I hadn't realized it before the blog chronicled the fact but my style is very minimalistic, classic and an uncomplicated fashion. I'd say it's also quite affordable because if I have enough I will always spend it on traveling instead of clothing. My favorite looks of the moment are paper bag style pants/skirts, hats, lace and the influence of menswear.

photo

Where do you get your fashion inspirations?
Only a little of my fashion inspiration comes from magazines (my favorite source is In Style UK). Most of my inspiration comes from sites like these and other fashion blogs. My biggest celebrity influence is hands down Olivia Palermo which is quite evident on my blog; otherwise, I pay little attention to celebrity fashion. I like to see what real people are wearing on Chictopia and Mode Republic!

photo

Where do you shop? What are your favorite brands?
As evidenced by the title of my blog ("See You in Sweden" a nod to my love for Scandinavian fashion) my favorite store and brand is H&M.

photo

Congratulations again to Rebecca for winning the contest and becoming a trendsetter at Mode Republic. Stay tuned for more fashion inspirations from Rebecca!

No comments:

Post a Comment